Dessa styrdon innehåller delar av bilens startspärrssytem och går normalt inte att montera som begagnad enhet.
Vi kan programmera om dessa och även hjälpa er med att ta fram bilens "koder" för att kunna programmera in ex nya nycklar mm.
Tips och trix gällande BSI
1: Peugeot BSi reboot procedure
Some of you will have already come across a strange problem when programming
keys on 2002 onwards Bsi equipped Peugeot. This usually presents
itself as a complete instrument cluster failure after the keys have
been programmed when the customer comes to collect the car.
The BSI unit is basically a computer which
handles a multitude of functions such as
odometer value, central locking, lights and
immobiliser. Some later Bsi units are liable
to corrupt their own software program if
not “woken up” in a specific way after
programming keys or battery disconnection.
The details of this are explored
thoroughly in a Peugeot TSB but I will
summarise for you briefly.
Procedure for Initialising the BSI after key learning
1. Disconnect the diagnostic tool.
2. Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
3. Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
4. Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
5. Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
6. Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
7. Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
8. Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
9.remove key open & close door test central locking system
10. Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.
It did take three attempts following this procedure before it worked.
2: BSI (Body System Interface) Reboot Procedure
PROCEDURE FOR BATTERY DISCONNECTION
Whenever a vehicle battery has to be disconnected, switch off all equipment, interior lights etc,
close the doors leaving the drivers window open.
Switch off the ignition and remove the key and any diagnostic equipment.
Wait a full 3 minutes before disconnecting the battery.
The BSi must be allowed to go to SLEEP i.e. into "active economy mode". Do not operate any
equipment on the vehicle during this time. Remember, even opening the bonnet
will wake the BSi on a vehicle fitted with alarm.
If the battery is under the bonnet, open the bonnet first and leave it up.
ALWAYS disconnect any diagnostic equipment and do not operate any other vehicles during the 3
minute waiting period.
PROCEDURE FOR BATTERY RECONNECTION
Unless otherwise instructed by Peugeot or Product Service, you must always carry out the
following procedure, often referred to as a "soft re-boot", to minimize the
possibility of the BSi corrupting its own software when reconnecting the vehicles battery supply.
Ensure the procedure for battery disconnection has been adhered to and importantly all BSi
functions were switched off with the drivers window left down.
1 Close all doors
2 Remove ignition key if left in ignition
3 Reconnect battery. DO NOT open any doors
4 Wait 10 seconds
5 Switch on headlights through the driver’s window
6 Switch on ignition then start the vehicle and check system functions
3:Programmering/installation av BSI
You must make sure the battery is disconnected when you put the BSI back into the vehicle and reconnect all its plugs. You MUST also have the 4 digit key code for the vehicle.
1. Once BSI is correctly connected/ replaced into its position and battery re-connected, ensure you have a battery back-up (ie battery booster pack or battery charger) connected. This is so that the battery voltage doesn't drop during programming. Also, close all doors (or do what i did which was to push the lath inside the door lock to fool the car into thinking the door was shut!)
2. Now connect the diagbox/ interface and open Lexia. You will notice the VIN number reads as a load of backward P's. This is normal.
3. Go to "Diagnosis"
4. Do a "Global scan"
5. It may only show the BSI. (this is becasue later you need to add other ECU's later) So select "BSI" and enter this menu.
6. Go down the list to "Configuration" and select "manual configuration" Note; DO-NOT choose internet config! and then select "manual configuration without data"
7. In the next menu, go down to"VIN code" and now you can enter the vin number. After you do, hit F1 and it will ask for a code to configure- the code is 01334.
8. Now go back to the previous menu and select "ECU's present" You can now go through the list entering all the relevant ECU's- you will have to take some educated guesses at these! Again, hit F1 to configure and re-enter the code 01334 to lock in.
9. Now go back to previous menu and go to "configuration" Again, go through the list and select or remove the relevant options. Again, you will have to make some educated guesses but they can all be altered at a later date if required. Again, 01334 will configure.
10. Now go back twice to the first menu and scroll down to select "learning" menu. Now select "BSI Initialisation" and follow the steps in this menu. It should be 3 separate stages but it guides you through 1 stage at a time. When it comes to the key programming, be aware
"ign +" is the second click where all dash light illuminate. PLEASE PLEASE ensure the 4 digit code for your keys is entered correctly as you get limited attempts. It will tell you if this stage completes correctly.
11. Now you are basically done so remove your battery charger, disconnect Lexia and check its safe to start the vehicle (no leads dangling in the engine bay etc) and your vehicle should start successfully.
12. If it starts, I would strongly suggest re-opening Lexia and doing another global scan to check for faults and then re-checking all configurations and alter any if required.
I hope this helps people. All I would say is be aware you apparently only get one shot at the initial programming of the BSI so dont walk away and leave it and come back later- do it all in one hit and allow plenty of time just in case.
Mer info gällande installation av BSI
You need to have access to the server to download it or somebody download it on a disk.
The Engine ECU and BSI control the immobiliser and electronics of the car. Be warned, car may refused to start or other devices go wonky not withstanding if your installation is successful or not. The angression may be transferred to ECU when starting the car and it may lock the ECU. In addition, you have to understand the following principle
1. BSI can only be program once from new/virgin state, and match with the engine ECU with a separate code. Not the key/transponder code. Remember, if the ECU did not get the correct code from BSI (3 times ?), it locks the ECU. another problem !!!
2. BSI configuration can be changed after installation with 03114 code for citroen models.
3. Confirm the model of your BSI and be sured it is the same with the original software of the car before you proceed. Even if you have to upgrade the software, you have to start with the original software first, configure, start car and later upgrade.
1. Ensure the car bonnet is up and have the battery and your computer on external charge. Check all doors are close tight, installation/configuration will fail if any equipment is turned on or door unlocks.
2. You have to go to replacement part on Lexia. Then install and configure.
N.B if you are able to save the configuration of the old BSI, then it will be better to use it on the new BSI after installation.
After that, do not start the car yet.
3. Learn /program your key again with the transponder code and hold the lock key button on ignition for 10s to activate the remote lock. Test after to ensure it works.
4. Very critical. Use your Lexia to diagnose the engine ECU and ensure they match and all keys synchronised.